Tuesday, July 03, 2007

We'll Keep Watering Until They Stop Building

Halton is yet another region to enact a mandatory outdoor watering ban. This ban holds no authority to me so I'll keep watering my lawn as I see fit. The reason why I refuse to comply? Simple. The cause of the recent watering bans and electricity shortages in Ontario is the result of government incompetence and not people running the AC or watering the lawn. The question nobody seems to ask is this; if we don't have enough water or electricity to go around, then why do governments continue to allow development at an out of control pace?

It is in the best interests of citizens to refuse to comply with these bans in order to get the message across, we won't stop using water until you stop allowing more housing developments to go up.
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "We'll Keep Watering Until They Stop Building"